I can't figure out the bus stops in Baltimore. You have the bus stop, and then 100 feet down the street, you have where the bus actually stops. Therefore, you can't wait at the "bus stop", because the bus doesn't actually stop there. But then, every once in a while, you have a bus stop where the bus actually stops, in which case, you should stand at the bus stop. And then you have benches that seem to correspond with the bus stops, but you don't actually want to sit on them, because what if it's not a bus stop? It's very confusing. Today I was waiting at a bus stop downtown, and the bus driver stopped, looked at me, then started pulling away, then stopped again, realizing I wanted to get on the bus.
Anyway, I've had a strange work week. I worked three overnight shifts (Saturday, Sunday, Monday), and then I've had the past two days off. The overnight shifts are by far my least favorite. I don't really get to see any residents, and I have to try and stay awake all night. However, I did get to see DB, but only because I had to wake her up every two hours to go to the bathroom. I'd walk in and say "DB, wake up and go to the bathroom." She'd role around for a couple minutes saying she didn't need to go, then finally she'd sit up and look at me and say, "Stay-say... aww, you look sleepy. Are you sleepy. Aww you so cute." Those were pretty much the highlights of my overnight shifts. Oh and the fact that we have HBO at work, which means that I was able to watch 2-3 movies per night.
Again my "weekend" has come in the middle of the week. Boo. Yesterday I pretty much spent the enitre day sleeping trying to catch up for the past three days. Then I went for a bike ride, which was quite nice. The rest of my "weekend" (today) was pretty great. This morning I woke up, went for a run, then got ready to go downtown for a meeting with my JVC "program coordinator". Because I didn't have anything to do, I left a little early and decided I would check out the Walters Art Museum in Mt. Vernon, which is where the Washington Monument is. The museum is FREE, perfect for my $85/month salary. I actually had a lot of fun browsing the museum. I only got through one and a half floors of the four, which gives me plenty to go back and see on another so-called "weekend". Today I also got a free cup of coffee, compliments of JVC, which pretty much made my day!
One other highlight of the past week occurred on Friday at St. Frances Academy (where Scott works). My house volunteered at an event celebrating the Oblate Sisters' 180th anniversary. Soledad Obrien, of CNN was the guest speaker, which was pretty phenomenal. The event was an apron auction, and there were celebrity aprons from Larry King, Anderson Cooper, Nancy Grace, Camille Cosby, etc. It was a pretty fun event!
Hopefully I'll have more fun work stories next week...but until then, that's all I've got.
Peace and Love,
SCH
Broomballin' and Decision Makin'
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment