This is just a short list of some things that I was thankful for this past week:
1. First and foremost, the man with beautiful long, reddish-blond dreadlocks that I get to see a few times a week at the gym. He's the primary reason I have been working out so regularly... Sometimes I stay a little longer just to watch those luscious locks as he gallops on the treadmill.
2. A visit from the one and only Stephanie Hirst this past Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. If I couldn't be with the rest of the family for the holiday, I'm glad I could spend some time with her over the weekend. We only fought for about 5 minutes of the entire weekend (that has to be a new record).
3. My coworker, Nicole, and the residents at work who I spent Thanksgiving with. Who knew that sauerkraut with pig tails and collard greens with turkey necks were traditional Thanksgiving dishes?
4. Not having to spend all my weekends/weeks alone in my house. Maybe it was just that it was a holiday, but that house can be extremely lonely/frightening when you're there by yourself for an extended period of time.
5. My bike, compliments of my parents' friend Liza. Since she dropped off the "road" bike several weeks ago, I've cut down my travel time to work by at least 7 minutes, and had many more adventures because of it (both good and bad--refer to previous posts). So far it's looking like my prayer for a functioning bicycle has been answered.
6. Care packages and letters from family and friends including: April and Jenny, Grandma Mag, Jeanie Spence, Katie, Larkin, Kristen, Sarah Mac, Erin, Anne, etc. They are always a nice surprise after coming home from a long day at work...
7. The constant reminders that Christmas is right around the corner (which means I'll be going home to the beautiful Rocky Mountains). Christmas music on the radio, decorations in yards and store windows, the freezing cold, the man walking down the middle of the street at 6:30 in morning with a Santa hat on, etc.
8. The improvements I've made in being less of a "hot mess" lately (mainly in terms of not losing my credit cards/IDs, and being able to get dressed in under an hour, if you've ever lived with me, you understand what an accomplishment this is)... except last week when I left purchases at two different store counters in a matter of two days. Luckily I don't usually make many purchases, so hopefully this won't become a new trend.
9. Finding a cafe where my computer actually picks up wireless... except for the drafts that I am currently experiencing due to the fact that the only outlets are located right next to the door.
10. And finally, on a more serious note, all of the blessings I have and the ability to recognize them. Including: My family, friends, JVC community, my education, love, shelter, always having enough to eat, health care, etc, etc, etc.
Broomballin' and Decision Makin'
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment